Thursday, May 19, 2011

Whats in your purse, nerd lady?

Felix and I have decided to let you all in on our secrets...that being, what nerdy chicks carry in their gigantic purses.

I am a bit of a tomboy (and will freely and proudly admit this fact and then go climb some shit), and have been known to favor stomping around in gigantic footwear as opposed to tottering around in pretty little heels, and until recently, shunned the idea of carrying a purse. I carried my camera bag, which had enough room for my wallet and some gum, and that was all I needed. And then I needed a large purse one day (long story), and just...kept on carrying it around. I'm about two weeks away from being a crazy bag lady who pushes around a shopping cart with her entire life inside. No foolin'.

So here's a little glimpse into my nerdy little purse. I'm amazed that all of this fits inside (and I left out my random assortment of pills and checkbooks, since that stuff is kinda boring?). Also, it prompted me to clean it out a little bit (not much), so that's a good thing...? Felix will have hers pretty soon, and I promise it is much more interesting than mine.

SO.



From the left:
· Handmade arm warmers (my office building is freezing)
· Cancer sticks
· Not one, not two, but three pairs of sunglasses (look for the third in my next style icon post)
· Work name-tag...playas gotta get paid.
· Large headphones, teensy MP3 player (last played: MSTRKRFT's "Easy Love")
· Perfume
· Business cards from my tattoo artist (the delightful Ximena Quiroz of Skeleton Key in PDX)
· Janky wallet, full of cards
· A CD made by my good friend Michael, of the group [product]
· A pen, cause you never know when you'll need an emergency tracheotomy
· Buck Bumble for the N64 (yes!!)
· Phone #1
· Keys, most of which are never used, but my keychain contains a bunny, Darth Vader and a Gamestop card
· A Magic deck, neglected as I have not yet learned how to actually play
· Lighter
· Burts Bees
· Phone #2
· Felix's flash drive
· Business card from my favorite pizza place
· Case containing various lens filters
· A couple of lens adapters
· The manual for my camera
· A Canon Rebel XS (not pictured, and I'll let you guess why)

So there you have it. Who knows what kind of nerd I am, exactly, but if nothing else, I'm certainly a pack rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment