Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ever name a character in a video game thinking there's one more slot than there is and end up with names like "chappingto"?

Because I totally did that while nicknaming my Pokémon character today.

Anyways...

As I am currently, shall we say, "between jobs" (really, I am, I work in theatre...), I have a lot of downtime.

Sure, I could go volunteer (I totally tutor a 2nd grader who's mind was blown when I asked him if he had both Pokémon black AND white), I could hang out with friends (which I totally do... online...), etc.

OR

I could be a good little geek girl and play catch up on all the video games I've been missing out on while doing that pesky "graduating from university in four years" thing.

OR

I could just lay in bed and Stumble all day.

Guess which one I picked?


if (you guess the first one)
{
you can stop reading this blog now, because you are clearly not the 8-bit runway demographic.
}
else
{
you guessed right.
}


And my Stumble knows me pretty well. We have a close relationship. If you want to check out my profile (and see the 513 sites I've "thumbs up"d), please feel free. Also, feel free to friend or follow me. Yes, I am a whore.

Here's the thing, though. Recently, I've begun to suspect that future me is trying to send me a message through Stumble. It comes in many forms, but this series of links I'm about to share with you will more thoroughly explain the situation.

I give you the awesomeness my future/hypothetical children will receive:














A pirate ship in the bedroom




















A Narnia playroom



















A Tardis cupboard















A real, working coin block (for weekly allowance?)















A Legend of Zelda Treasure Chest with sound.

Yes, future/hypothetical children, this is your future/hypothetical future. All these things and more may one day belong to you, although if you never exist, they wont, and I'll just be the coolest 40-something cat lady in the world. All the neighborhood kids will like me and it will be weird.

Felix OUT

... is also weird. And we shall never speak of it again.

1 comment:

  1. Part of why I love my mom is her penchant for collecting all sorts of chests like the last photo in our home. I honestly look forward to the day someone opens the door, talks to me briefly, opens a few of those up and then leaves without saying anything else.

    Being an extra in someone else's JRPG would be badass.

    ReplyDelete