Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What I want for Christmas...

...is a fire-breathing pony.


[no, not that kind!]

Today, two weird-as-shit things that can be controlled by the Wiimote, one that is very cool, one that is very not-cool. Unfortunately, the latter is the one that is available immediately, right now.

Click the jump to read more...



First, the pony that I would like to ride around:




This was debuted at the Makers Faire 2011 in Detroit, MI. Unfortunately, plastic + fire equals melted pony-face, so by the time this video was recorded, the pony was a bit corpse-y and burninated...but doesn't this look a lot like those Barbie horses that they released in the nineties that could walk on their own? [Yes, I had one, and yes, you're totally jelly.] Not really sure if the pony can actually walk, but it is definitely controlled with a Wiimote...what is Nintendo gonna do with this?

I mean, other than the obvious world domination?

The second, and somehow more terrifying Wiimote, is a Wii-baby, for the title "Baby and Me." Now, I'm not totally opposed to this idea; baby dolls are, for some reason, here to stay, and I remember having fun with things like Gigapets and Petz and whatever back in the day. Granted, these girls with the baby dolls will ultimately find out that real babies

a) do not make you smile like the girl on the box below,
b) are no fun at all, and
c) are WAY MORE FUCKING EXPENSIVE. Even more expensive than a PS3! Unbelievable.

Also, regarding buns in the oven...maybe its just me, but if I cook something for nine months, I'm gonna eat it. Plain and simple.

Anyway, this is why this is so weird...the baby is the controller:


The source, technabob.com, states that the baby has a slot that you can stick your Wiimote in (do I have to go over why that is fucked up? Really, do I?), to track things like feeding, playing, and excessive shaking motions.

Technabob would like to recommend that you be sure to change your remote before switching to the Wii's boxing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment