Tuesday, September 20, 2011

HR QST

As you can clearly tell from the title of this post, I want to share with you a recent adventure I had in the form of a game. This game:

I may not understand abbreviations very well.

For those of you who have never heard of this wondrous game, never fear. I'm only slightly judging you. Pictures, etc. past the jump.
The basic idea behind this game is that it is D&D, but on a board. There are predetermined quests that the chosen GM can follow, or, in our case, your GM can be the badassiest and basically rewrite the game.

That solar flare means "bad ass".

He took it upon himself to not only make unique adventures for us, altering the maps to make new and interesting things possible, BUT he also created new classes and races, JUST FOR US. Favorites included a Ghost (he could rarely be harmed, but can not interact with surroundings, thus making taking treasure a hard thing for him), Crabomancer (a guys who controls and summons crabs) and a Zombie Berserker (... well, I'm sure you can imagine). The other classes he created were more mundane, but also more practical. Our party ended up being a ghost, a samurai, a ninja and a witch (warlock... that was me). We made lego figures of ourselves after the game, and for future use.

Because of awesomeness. Warlock, Ninja, Ghost, Samurai. Clearly.

In our play, we did not have these awesome characters to use on the board. Thusly, my warlock was represented by an one-eye'd lizard. I named him Barthalamew (yes, I am aware that is not the correct spelling). Behold:

I know a bunch of cool things.

We began our adventure in the town square, where we had not yet met each other. Some of us got more into character than others.

See that guy giving you the stink eye? That's me.

All of a sudden, wild demons started to appear! We'd better get out of here, given that this guy:

That button is the ghost. Classy.

was coming for us. He's not a nice guy. We banded together, and instead of fighting like [wo]men, we ran, like children.

Run away!

No, seriously, run away!

We soon found ourselves in the catacombs under the city via a hidden staircase:


Safe.

Until we realized it was pitch black and we only had one torch.
Because I was somehow the most logical, rational and butt-saving member of our group, I got the torch, thus allowing other members of our group to go barreling down hallways, throwing TWO DOORS OPEN AT ONCE, unleashing terrible monsters. Our GM even said he had to just take monsters that should have existed on the board away as to not get us killed. Leave it to the Samurai and Ninja to somehow ruin the game. I found a dwarf named Bummblebeard (his tagline? "that's not my name!" because that still isn't his real name. We could never remember it, still can't) who held the key to everything. Not literally. Just some wicked awesome artifacts. That's about as far as we got in this game, due to some people living stupid far away.

Times like these...

We're pretty sure we're starting a Shadow Run campaign, so I've been secretly working on my characters for that. I hope you enjoyed this reenactment of an awesome game! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. poor Blumbeard...no one will ever remember his name...until its too late...

    ReplyDelete